Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Intermediate classes at DMA.

My instructor for Intermediate classes had a bigger class than the one I was in so they were a little further behind than I was so I finished two weeks before my intermediate classes began.

I have to admit that first couple of days after my cocktail glam text were heaven. No homework to worry about, no thoughts of outfits whirling around in my head. These classes are far more extensive and therefore more time consuming than I expected, so the break was nice. I spent the time redoing part of my house and then.. boredom. I found I was anxious to get back to class and to tide myself over until then, I styled an outfit for a styling challenge that I fully intended to enter, but circumstances forbade my attendance, but still I had styled an outfit for the challenge's theme, Vintage: Great Gatsby.






As I said, circumstances did not allow me to enter because on both days I had to be away from home for real life. I think it turned out well, but since I was not able to attend or enter, the styling was not critiqued. It served its purpose any way, because intermediate classes began right after.

 For our first class we were to put on a dress, any dress and walk the stage - 3 stops, 3 poses. I chose this dress: 




Our next assignment was to choose a dress, NON mesh and style it and choose 5 poses for it. I decided to do a longer, more formal type dress and I also tried to do a monochrome theme with it, not because it was part of the assignment, but just because I wanted to.




Our next assignment consisted of the ugliest dress I believe I have ever seen. Our goal was to fix it up to make it as attractive as possible, which is just not all that possible in this case. hehe.





And this brings us to present where we are tasked with what our instructor calls our mid-term, which is to style and choose poses for 3 fashion genres; business casual, business formal and cocktail.

Ill post the pics once I have presented them in class. Wish me luck! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment